St George's Church Community Room
is now ready for use. Many thanks to
all who have helped with our fund raising, and those who have contributed
expertise, labour and equipment.
To book the room go
Daily Prayer provided
by the official Church of England web site, © The Archbishops' Council of the
Church of England, 2002-2004.
"Through worship, prayer and loving action we will help all the community
to discover Jesus and develop their faith"
Our parish includes the communities
of Heybridge and Heybridge Basin,
north east of the town of Maldon in mid Essex, and is part of the United
Benefice of Heybridge and Langford.
One parish, two churches:
St Andrew's Church in Heybridge Street stands on an ancient site of worship. The
church building was completed in the 12th century. Somewhere around 1450
flooding caused the tower to collapse and the 'ruins' were restored to more
or less the present form later in the 15th century.
Within the building there is seating for 200 people, including the choir.
The organ is at the back of the church in the gallery and the musical style
is largely traditional, supplemented by modern hymns and choruses where
appropriate. The services are mainstream Church of England. We are glad to
see families in church - there are books and toys available, and toilets in
the Waring room. There is level access for wheel chairs and a loop system
for hearing aid users.
St George's Church in Basin Road is a wooden building which dates from the first
world war. It was given to the village to serve as a mission church in
1920. The chancel was refurbished during 1998. Seating 70, St George's has
a warm and welcoming atmosphere and, in addition to worship, provides a
venue for village meetings. There is a village car park about 200 yards
away and limited parking space on the road near the church. A ramp is
available for wheelchair access. A loop system has been installed for
hearing aid users. Toys and books are available for young children.
Toilets are available in the adjoining Community Room.